Thoughts on new Battlefront?

ctr2020

Thread starter #1
Hi guys,

I’m new to the forums, so I thought I’d christen my introduction to all by invoking some community led ideas and wishes for the next Battlefront game.

I’m sure, as with most of you, I’m a huge Star Wars fan, and, as with the majority of Star Wars fans who’ve played Battlefront, I was disappointed with the direction it took. I think this is mainly because I was almost certain that they would use 2004’s battlefront as a template to improve on.

As we all know this wasn’t how it turned out; what with pickups, battle cards, no squads, no designated classes, strange character customization, no single player campaign, no sign of clone wars scenarios (yet), and no galactic conquest, no server browser/dedicated servers (especially for pc, admins are vital for controlling cheaters) to name a few main issues.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’ve actually had a blast with this next episode in the Star Wars universe and at times I actually felt like I was in the movie which filled with nostalgia, to my earlier days where I used to jump around the house like a mad kid brandishing some sort of tube pretending it was a lightsaber and that I was Luke Skywalker. That being said, it saddens me that Battlefront could have been so much more.

I know that the development of Battlefront was most definitely ‘sped up’ to coincide with the release of The Force Awakens. As Patrick Soderlund from EA said during an investor broadcast, “We made [the choice] due to time and being able to launch the game side-by-side with the movie that came out to get the strongest possible impact.”.

In light of this, I can only hope that for the next planned installment (touched upon in this year’s E3) they try to see past the short term financial gains and produce a masterpiece, with longevity in preference of short term gain.

It pains me to say it but, despite the undeniable love DICE put into their latest installment, I can’t help but feel as though they prayed on the fans’ love of Star Wars in order to get quick-spiked sales. My worry is there are four more Star Wars films in the running’s – what’s to say this doesn’t happen with each and every one? I certainly hope not.

Below is a list of things in which I would like to see in the next installment. I would also like to get your ideas of what you’d all like to see, and hopefully Dice will take a few notes from this.

· Galactic Conquest

· Clone wars (wouldn’t mind a DLC if it was ripe with content)

· Character classes (ie. No pickups)

· Actual squads

· Single player/Co-op campaign

· Dedicated servers

· Proper aim down site/Iron site

· Expanded Ground to Orbit combat

· Lightsaber duelling

· VR options.

· No option to remove helmets!

· Better customization of armor etc. (within the confines of the Star Wars universe)

64 player matches

Like Battlefront Forum!

Advertisements