Anyone played Mortal Kombat X

Thread starter #1
Been thinking about getting this as something different to play as I don't think I've played much in the way of fighting games since Street Fighter came out as an arcade game.

Anyone played, if so what do you think of the game?

Wickett42

Not my cup of tea, but I'm also a pretty PG guy. The extreme gore and dark settings is just too much for me. I've heard other people that like those games say that it's really fun though.

WhoIsDo

Watched a few streams of it, but I'll ultimately wait until it hits a severe price drop. I enjoy the games, but probably only worth $20 or so considering how much I'd play it.

Thread starter #5
Thanks guys, I picked it up today for $68 which is cheap-ish for a new release game. The place I got it from let's you take the game back within 7 days if you don't like so I'll see how I go.

Then I need to work on my addiction of buying more games than I have time to play... In years gone by I used to always wait but these days of the game has a strong multiplayer focus you might get hung out to dry with not many people to play with. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Wickett42

How is $68 cheapish for a new release? That's a couple dollars more than what we pay around here for brand new. That's a cool return policy though.

Thread starter #7
Australian prices :) If I'd bought it through the xbox store it would have cost $99.95 and most shops have new releases for $89 or $99. What some of the bigger stores do is "discount" them to $69 or $79 during the first couple of weeks. I found this game for $68 in one store then went back to my usual game store and they price matched.

Played about 20% of the story last night which was good fun. I then played one online game. I went for the button mashing technique as I haven't learnt many combo's yet. I won it in the 3rd round. The person I played seems to have got annoyed as they messaged me saying I spammed them by trapping them in the corner. I thought button mashing was an ok method for someone who has little idea how to fight yet. Pretty sure it would be useless against an experienced player.

Wickett42

Ah yeah, that's right. You poor Aussies. I had forgotten that everything over there was so much higher, and I've never understood why. Is there a specific reason?

Thread starter #9
They don't call us "The Lucky Country" for nothing... Seriously though, I have no idea why the prices are higher than what would make sense at the exchange rate. Even when the US / Aussie dollar was at parity, the prices were the same I think. We seem to pay more for most things.

Oh well, I'm getting better at finding the lowest price.

Wickett42

Well happy shopping. I don't envy you haha. When your kids get older and can make their own money have them pitch in. :p

Haven't played but have seen it. I hate to say it but it feels like fighting games haven't essentially haven't changed. This statement comes from an FPS player however, another genre that essentially hasn't changed.:rolleyes: BUT, I do like the look of it and will wait till its cheap. ;)

Here's my experience on the PC version. Install game. Watch intro. Do some silly QTE. Get to gameplay. Game crash to windows. Try training. Game crash to windows. From what I'm reading up on it it's a shit port. And all my other games work perfectly fine.

I personally prefer DoA series as it somehow feels smoother and more realistic even if there are more controls overall. The only one I could get into actually. MK kinda feels a little clunky in comparison.

And MK in Aus? Oh boy. I know what the game restrictions are like there. Probably no blood...

Australian prices :) If I'd bought it through the xbox store it would have cost $99.95 and most shops have new releases for $89 or $99. What some of the bigger stores do is "discount" them to $69 or $79 during the first couple of weeks. I found this game for $68 in one store then went back to my usual game store and they price matched.

Played about 20% of the story last night which was good fun. I then played one online game. I went for the button mashing technique as I haven't learnt many combo's yet. I won it in the 3rd round. The person I played seems to have got annoyed as they messaged me saying I spammed them by trapping them in the corner. I thought button mashing was an ok method for someone who has little idea how to fight yet. Pretty sure it would be useless against an experienced player.
I pretty much do this as well.

With Far Cry 4 picked it up for $68.00 at JB Hi Fi, played it for about 3 months or so, did a lot in game, achieved what I wanted out of the game then traded at EB for $49.00 so essentially I spent $20.00 for 3 months game fun.
Which I reckon is pretty alright.

Like Battlefront Forum!

Advertisements